Sunday, May 4, 2008

Needlepoint_etc Discussion Group

I am also a member of a Yahoo discussion group, needlepoint_etc. If you are interested in needlepoint you might want to check us out! You can find us at;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/needlepoint_etc/

If you decide to join, you’ll have to wait for one of the moderators to approve your request, and then you’re in!

We are a very relaxed group and we do occasionally wander off topic but we always eventually return to needlepoint.

The group moderator is sponsoring a Secret Pal exchange. Everyone is assigned a Secret Pal and we receive information regarding our Secret Pal such as their favorite Holiday’s, interests, activities, colors, music, hobbies, and where they live. We then shop for items that we think might interest our Secret Pal throughout the year. The items might be needlepoint or stitching related. They might also be items that are for a particular Holiday season or for a particular region of the country or the world. Yes, we do have International members! There is no money guidelines except we should collect items that we would want to receive ourselves. The rough guidelines are that the items should be small enough to fit into a shoe box.

I participated in the Secret Pal exchange last year and I loved the items that my Secret Pal sent me! Thanks Kelly! Kelly has become a friend and I’m very glad that I have had a chance to get to know her!

I also enjoyed shopping for my Secret Pal. It’s a lot of fun and a challenge to shop for someone that you don’t know and to try and guess what they would like. Except for a little mishap where my Secret Pal’s local Post Office forgot to deliver the package after they returned from vacation (two weeks + of worrying where on Earth was that package and would I have to replace it???!!! ), I had a lot of fun with this year long event!

Everyone wants pictures but I don’t have any for this topic. I can’t take a picture of what I’ve bought for my Secret Pal as it would give it away! Hmmmm, I’ll have to think about this one.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Originally Posted: April 17, 2006

No comments: