Monday, May 5, 2008

Anasazi Song -- March 27, 2008


The Shining Needle Society has a class for Carole Lake’s “Anasazi Song”. You can see this project and read the description on Carole’s site but don’t forget to come back here when you are done! I'll wait...

http://www.carolelake.com/

You can go directly to “Anasazi Song” at;

http://www.carolelake.com/TeachingPieces/Anasazi.htm

I took this class several years ago when the ANG Black-Eyed Susan’s guild hosted Carole to teach this project. Carole’s directions are very detailed and easy to follow. She is a very entertaining instructor and I thoroughly enjoyed this class.

I must admit that when I came home from the second day of class, life was very busy as usual and I put “Anasazi Song” in my stitching to do pile. I had pulled it out this fall but I didn’t want to add it yet to my 2008 project list until I saw how I was doing on my other projects. Once I heard that I could audit the class through the Shining Needle Society I decided to add this project to my 2008 project list. I’ve posted a picture of my partially finished “Anasazi song” above. The class has started but I probably want start back up on my piece until summer. Now that Spring is here, the school and children activities have started back up again and we are busy most nights and weekends!

Don’t forget that you can join the Shining Needle Society’s Home Room Yahoo Group and it’s free!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SNS_Home_Room/

Just email
KateGaunt@aol.com to join the SNS Home Room where they post the new class offerings.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Original Comments:

- Nice! It will be fun to watch your progress on this piece
NC Pat – Needleart Nut

- Hi Cyn! We met at this class--I finished mine and it was a lot of fun and just the right size--not too big and not too small.

Colleen

- Pat, don't hold your breath on this one as I probably won't be able to start again until school lets out! :-)


Colleen, great to hear from you and yes I do remember meeting you through email and then in class! Did you finish yours that year? Send me a picture and I'll post it on my blog. And by the way, do you remember what year we took the class? I'm still trying to look up my checks to see when I took this class...

Cynthia

Windy Meadow

Originally Posted: March 27, 2008

No comments: