Sunday, May 4, 2008

Basement Update -- May 10, 2006

We've made a lot of progress on the basement finishing project and not much progress on stitching!

The basement has now been framed, preliminary wiring and plumbing has been done, new windows have been installed, and the painting was finished yesterday.

We still need the following done by the contractors;

- snack bar cabinetry installed (scheduled to be delivered on May 16, 2006).
- the bathroom tiled (later this week or early next week)
- all bathroom fixtures hooked up (waiting on bathroom tile and cabinetry to be delivered.
- all fixtures purchased.
- the built-in's installed (probably at the same time as the snack bar cabinetry as they are being custom built.
- new exterior french doors painted and installed (on order waiting for them to arrive)
- final prep of electrical and plumbing (within the next two weeks)
- flooring picked out and installed.

My part is almost done as we have to pick out the flooring and finalize the tile and then I have some free time back! Yeah!!!

I won't have to do anything down there until it's time to start furnishing!

Sooo my question for everyone is what should I do in my craft room? It's apx. 120 square feet in size and has a full closet. I'm having a dark hard wood floor installed. I want to put in cabinetry and a work table but I haven't started picking out things yet.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Originally Posted: May 10, 2006

No comments: