Monday, May 5, 2008

Canvas of the Month – February, 2008 -- March 13, 2008


Pictured above is the second in this year’s Canvas of the Month Club by Rainbow Gallery. The design is “Christmas Fantasy” by David McCaskill.

This one took a little longer that the last two that I stitched. I would estimate that it took me about three hours to stitch the whole design.

The design is symmetrical on all sides even though the picture is showing the design wider than tall. There are several layers of interwoven threads for the center section. The outer red area is stitched in red Neon Rays so it takes a while to lay the ribbon just so!

The fibers in the design are Nordic Gold, Neon Rays, Petite Very Velvet, and Petite Treasure Ribbon. The gold just glistens in person and the purple makes the design look very rich!

My daughter and I are stitching these from our LNS, The Stitching Post in Catonsville, Maryland. I’m ahead of her by two now but she’s been very busy with school. She’ll catch up and pass me with her stitching projects this summer!

Enjoy the picture!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Original Comments:

- This is stunning! Nice stitching Cyn!
NC Pat – Needleart Nut

- I like mixing red and purple and this is very pretty. Are you enjoying trying all the threads?
Jane of Chilly Hollow

Originally Posted: March 13, 2008

No comments: