Sunday, May 4, 2008

2008 Stitching Goals -- January 3, 2008

Many stitchers post their stitching goals for the year on their blogs. I think many use it as a way to keep motivated so that they actually finish several projects during the year!

I’m going to try a 2008 Stitching Goals list and we’ll see how I do!!!

My first goal is to do a better job on updating my blog! I know, I know, I haven’t been doing a good job and you would think that as much as I can talk I wouldn’t have a problem writing things for my blog… It’s not a writing or idea problem, it’s getting the pictures off of the camera onto the computer and then onto the blog problem! I don’t have a problem with the camera or the computer, I just don’t seem to find the time to hook everything up and get the job done!

I’m going to start small for my stitching goals as I want to give myself a chance on succeeding…

The Detailed List

Projects I’m currently working on:

1. Holiday Patches” by Susan Kerndt
Status: 10 of 24 squares completed.
This is a wonderful piece that I started as a class at the ANG Baltimore Seminar in August, 2007. You can still the piece on ANG’s website at;
http://www.needlepoint.org/Seminar-07/classes/4day/42711.php

I’ve finished 10 of the 24 squares and I’m really enjoying stitching this piece. Since Susan is still teaching this piece I won’t be pasting pictures on my blog, just letting you know of my progress. My goal is to do a square every two weeks. That sounds like a long time to stitch each square but they are very detailed and with my busy schedule, I’m hoping I can stitch one square every two weeks!

2. “North Star Santa” by Janet Zickler Casey
Status: ½ done
I started this piece at the ANG Washington, DC seminar in 2001. Yep, 2001! I enjoyed stitching this piece during the one day class but unfortunately I returned home sick and I put the piece away. I’m determined to finish it now and I’ve done a lot work in the last two weeks. Janet’s website is;
http://www.jzcdesigns.com/


The “North Star Santa” is at;
http://www.jzcdesigns.com/north%20star%20santa.htm

I’ve finished the face, the mustache, and the beard. I’m currently working on his hair.

3. “Cobblefield Road” Cyber Workshop
Status: In progress.
The top of the Clam Shell border, Band 1, and the Starfle border is done. I’m working on Band 2. Since this is a class I can’t post pictures on my blog but you can see a picture of “Cobblefield Road” on the Yahoo Group main page;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cobblefieldroad/

4. “Heartstrings Chimney Santa”
Status: In Progress. Apx. ¼ done.
I purchased this piece about a year ago as I love Pat Thode’s designs. She designs under the “Heartstrings” name and you can see them on the “Artists Collection” website. The “Artists Collection” website is at;
http://www.artistscollection.net/Artists_Collection/Welcome.html


The “Chimney Santa” is on the 13th row of the Santa collection or at;
http://www.artistscollection.net/Artists_Collection/Santas.html#36

5. My Son’s Strictly Christmas Stocking
Status: On the stretcher bars, doodle canvas on the stretcher bars, and threads purchased.
This is on 13 count and I’m going to need to practice with the doodle canvas and the threads as I’m more used to working on 18 count.

6. My daughter’s Ornament
I’m also working on an ornament for my daughter but I can’t post any information here until I’ve finished the design and I’ve given it to her as she reads my blog.

7. Barbara Fox’s “Noel Star”
Status: On the stretcher bars and started.
I’m doing the background in basketweave so this is my “I’m too tired to think or traveling piece”.

8. “Candy Swirl Santa” by Janet Zickler Casey
Status: Directions received and materials purchased.
This project was available through the Shining Needle Society and you can read about the society at;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SNS_Home_Room/


They offered two of Janet’s Santa’s this past fall and they will be offering additional online classes by various designers in 2008. You can see Janet’s “Candy Swirl Santa” at;
http://www.jzcdesigns.com/candy%20swirl%20santa.htm

9. Organize the Needlework Stash
The craft room is finished, the boxes to sort into are ready and everything has been moved to the basement. Now I just need to find some time on a weekend so I can start playing, I mean organizing my stash!

Well that’s it for my list. Yes, I know it’s only nine projects, but I said I wanted to start small!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Original Comments:

- Nine projects sounds HUGE to me! I normally finish around 6 in a year, although lately I've been finishing more since I try and stitch every day. I'm impressed, Cynthia!
Jane of Chilly Hollow


- Yippee! More pictures and commentary! I love it and we will be checking on you and making sure you blog! I love your list. I am doing two of Janet's Santas too!
NC Pat – Needleart Nut

- Wow! That is one heck of a list! Can't wait to see pictures and more blogging.
Kelly W.

- Hi Guys,

Actually I have a head start as even though most are large projects, I've already started six of them. :-)I usually finish anywhere from 5 - 10 a year depending on the size of the project, family commitments, family illness, etc. We'll have to see how I do this year.I'll keep the pictures and commentary coming. That's my first resolution which isn't listed! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Originally Posted: January 3, 2008

No comments: