Monday, May 5, 2008

Angel Tree Topper -- March 31, 2008

Update: I just heard from Ginger of "Edie and Ginger Designs" that this was one of their early pieces. I thought this might be one of theirs but I couldn't remember! Ginger, thanks for letting me know it was one of your designs!

During the recent Holiday’s I took the opportunity to take pictures of my Holiday needlepoint projects. I’ll be sharing the pictures over the next several months as there is a lot more than I thought there was!

I stitched this Angel Tree topper many years ago. Possibly in the early 90’s but I’m not sure exactly when or who was the designer. I’m trying to keep better records for my new stitching!

There is a variety of fibers on the Angel. I know I used DMC #5, Kreinik and ribbon. Both the front and the back of the Angel are stitched.

She is fully lined and finished in a cone shape. If I ever decide I don’t want to put her on top of the tree, I can always display her by inserting a cone or paper and standing her up on a flat surface.

Every year she is the first thing on our tree and usually the last thing to be taken down. The kids have grown up seeing her smiling down at them so I don’t think she’ll be replaced anytime soon!

Hope you enjoy seeing our Angel Tree Topper!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Original Comments:

- Cynthia, this is wonderful! You should be very proud of this piece! Thanks for sharing!
NC Pat – Needleart Nut

- She's charming and a part of your traditional Christmas. Long may she decorate your trees!
Jane of Chilly Hollow

Originally Posted: March 31, 2008

No comments: