Monday, May 5, 2008

Holiday Trees -- March 12, 2008

On my last entry I started responding to Jane and Pat’s comments about decorating Christmas trees with needlepoint when I realized I was writing enough for another blog entry not for a comment!

I think this is the time to admit that I don’t believe it’s a true Christmas tree until there are enough decorations so that there is no green showing. Or that’s what my family says!

We set up several trees every year and about every other year we add another tree to the mix. No, our house does not look like one of those wonderfully decorated homes that you see on HGTV but maybe someday!

Tomato Cage Tree
The tomato cage tree is made from two tomato cages wired together to form a cone shape. The cone is then wrapped in lighted garland. The tree is then decorated with silver and red ornaments. We display this tree in the family room in a corner near the fireplace.

Fiber Optic Tree
We’ve had this tree since the kids were small. It’s decorated with small gold musical ornaments and with white honesty spray painted gold. This tree is displayed in a corner of the family room near the kitchen table.

Kitchen Tree
The kitchen tree sits on the kitchen counter. It’s decorated with a blue and white theme with small cookie cutters and snowman ornaments. Underneath the tree are several small blue and white lunch boxes and several primitive standup snowmen.

Ravens Tree
This tree is displayed in the hallway leading to the bedrooms but is visible from the dining room (our house is a Rambler/Rancher with a finished basement. I love one story living!!!). The tree is decorated with purple lights that we purchased at Halloween and with purple and gold balls. It’s also decorated with Raven’s ornaments and nutcrackers. Underneath the tree is a Raven’s snowman and Edgar, Alan, and Poe.

All American Tree
The All American tree is displayed in our family room in the basement. We just started decorating this tree this year so we are still building up our collection of All American ornaments. I need to stitch more!

Dear Daughter’s Tree
Our daughter’s tree is displayed in her room and is covered in gold and white ornaments with white lights. Very elegant!

Dear Son’s Tree
Our dear son’s tree is displayed in his room and matches his red, blue, green bedroom colors and is very colorful and young man friendly.

Christmas Tree
The largest tree is in our music room and sits in the bow window. It’s covered in hand made ornaments and with a few purchased ornaments that have been given to us over the years. The tree topper is an Angel that I needle pointed many years ago.

I’ve been stitching for a very, very long time so there are cross stitched and needle pointed ornaments everywhere! I love pulling my old friends out every year and decorating the house. I enjoy adding to my collection of stitched and finished projects every year so that the new additions over time become old friends!

Well I hoped you enjoyed hearing about our Holiday trees. And yes it does take a while to set everything up! Next year I’ll have to take pictures of our decorated trees! And I’ll leave the story about the Halloween tree for a future blog entry!

Enjoy!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Original Comments:

- I am in awe! That is a tremendous number of trees as well as a great deal of work. You will have to post photos! I can't wait to see them next year!
NC Pat – Needleart Nut

- I can't wait to see photos, either, particularly of Edgar, Allan and Poe and their tree.
Jane of Chilly Hollow

- WOW!!!! That is all I can say....just WOW!!! Pictures are a must for next year.
Kelly W.

- Me, either. I am especially interested in hearing more about Edgar, Allan, and Poe's tree. What fun you must have with these!
Jane of Chilly Hollow

Originally Posted: March 11, 2008

No comments: