Tuesday, December 30, 2008

“Chimney Santa” by Heartstring Designs -- December 30, 2008

I’m very pleased that I’ve finished stitching the design on my Heartstrings “Chimney Santa”!


When you purchase a Heartstrings design, Pat Thode includes a stitch guide with lots of fun stitch and thread suggestions. This was a fun stitch and I stitched it pretty much as suggested by Pat.

I’m not sure yet what I’ll do for the background stitching. I’ll put it aside for now while I consider my different options.

The PC is finally back up and running so I’ll be able to post more in the next few days. Thank goodness! I’m way behind on my blog reading. :-)

Enjoy!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

12 comments:

NCPat said...

He is just darling! Looking forward to more photos! We love photos!

Jeanne said...

Cyn,
This is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Beth in IL said...

Congrats on another finish! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely piece. I especially like the brick chimney work. Well done!
Nancy

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Cynthia,

That is beautiful.

I love it when there is a stitch guide with any project. You always have the choice to use it, modefy it or just do your own thing. Love having lots of options :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Blue skies, blowing clouds and a big full moon....

Just a suggestion about the background from CH.
Jane

M&Co. said...

Oh I love that!

Summer said...

Very cute! :)

Annemiek said...

What a great finish, I just *love* Pat's designs. I have quite a stack at home and can enjoy just looking at them. Those included stitch guides are great IMHO. How will you finish him?

Cindy said...

I just found your blog. Your projects are wonderful! I'm a canvaswork novice, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects for inspiration :)

Mary said...

I love your Santa! The colors and texture are stunning. It's wonderful to get the stitch guides...:)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Cynthia. He looks great! Happy 2009 to you.

Kelly